Monday, May 31, 2021

Kai Fortyfive - SLUGSMOKE & MIRRORS - 2021

 

K7 - 2021 - Long Island Rap Records  


Long Island Rap Records drops Kai Fortyfive's fourth release entitled "SLUGSMOKE & MIRRORS". This is a deluxe edition cassette, limited to just 25 copies, includes the album instrumentals on the-b-side.


"There are few poetic flourishes among SLUGSMOKE & MIRRORS’ breathing details of New York street life, no glitz, glamor, glory, or even grit, just survival or death. In a place where yesterday’s foreign car could be tomorrow’s only home, futures are built on regrets or not at all. With this in mind, Kai Fortyfive speaks plainly and bares souls. 


“SLUGSMOKE is really just a compilation of stories/memories from not only my life but the lives of my friends,” says the rapper/producer from Elmont, New York. “It was type hard to write this album because mentally I had to go back to a lot of shit I’ve been through. It’s tough to recollect on pain and trauma, but I feel like in order to deliver the album the way I needed to, I had to go back and relive those stories. All in all, this is definitely my most important work I’ve ever done and I’m glad people are in tuned for real.” 


Call these criminology bars or worse, reality raps, and severely miss the point. There’s little space here for distinguishing between shadows and ghosts, let alone musical classifications. The rhymes are dope, the beats are hard, and Kai Fortyfive does them all. The only guests are family, Lowcaste LXRD$. The only style the painful truth flickering through fogs of war."





25 copies only...

Shipping Date : Late June 2021

Orders : Bandcamp / Long Island Rap Records Store



No comments:

Post a Comment