Sunday, September 20, 2020

T.H.U.G.G.S ‎- Move Your Body - 1995



12" - 1995 - Word is Bond Productions  



Let's talk about this 12" released by the duo T.H.U.G.G.S ‎which stands for The Hardest Unit God Gave Society, consisted of Triple SS (Sass) and Maad Skills from Newark, NJ.


Triple SS (Sass) & Maad Skills



The 12" came out in 1995 on Word Is Bond Productions a record label managed by two smooth OG's named Keith Mack and Frankie Lane. The Track "Move Your Body" on the Logo Side was produced by Kasem Coleman a.k.a Mixture (for Noise System Ent.) and "Freaky Flow" on the flip side was produced by Mixture and T.H.U.G.G.S.


Recently, I was lucky to talk with Mixture and he explained to me when he started producing and how he met the members of T.H.U.G.G.S. 


Mixture : "I got into hip-hop from the early days. I'm a 70's baby so from Rappers Delight going forward I was into it. I started producing beats around 1985 with a Roland DR.Rhythm drum machine, a Cassio non-midi keyboard sampler, and a Tascam 4 track cassette recorder. My first official released production was on M.C. Peaches "More than Just a Pretty Face" on East/West Records (through First Priority Music/Bum Rush of which I was managed by) in 1991.

I met Triple SS (Sass) and Madd Skillz when I was the hip-hop engineer and programmer at the famous House of Music. It was a house that had four studios in it. Based in West Orange, NJ artist from all over Essex County, NJ all the way to NYC were clients. Keith Mack and Frankie Lane, the owners of Word is Bond Productions brought them up for sessions and we started vibing. I played them some beats of mine and the rest was history. The single was the only release worked on Sass ultimately became an associate member of the Outsidaz with Young Zee, Pace One, Rah Digga, etc..."


 



Mad Props to Kasem Coleman, thanks for your time. 


1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorite obscure records, wish they had put out more music.

    ReplyDelete