Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Video : Benny the Butcher - Welcome to the States - 2022

 


 Listen to "Welcome to the States" by Benny the Butcher. Available only on YouTube only, Benny's politically charged lyrics, over the beat from "We Cry Together", aims to raise money for those affected by the tragic mass shooting and events that took place in Buffalo, NY on May 14th at Tops Supermarket.


[Verse]

"Welcome to the states, where we dyin' of our skin color and race

Ideologies formed of hate, now the grocery stores ain't safe

They shoot us unarmed but they took and paintin' it without a scrape

I guess, great

The life save buttons, never this color face

Discriminate me even rich, but can't get a loan from a bank

This why everythin' you see here, I own, I spent the cake

The TRS free but Gunna and Thug's somewhеre behind the gatе

The chances we take when the penalisin' for being great

Why they don't take us serious with suprematists out shootin' brothers?

(What it has to do with color? All y'all do is shoot each other)

Well, true, but in the mall, while shoppin' for shoes, I still do wonder (Damn)

Do this crazy white boy in his trench coat got a rooger under?

Firearms legal when Republican state's in, you can't be mad at it

'Cause the suits that vote on these laws don't deal with our challenges

So them laws get passed to protect themselves from savages

White nationalists turn they views and guns on Jews and Africans

Lately, I've been traveling abroad as an entertainer

And frankly, it made me look at my country a little bit stranger

Mass shooting in my city, eight minutes from where my block at

Saw innocent people shot at a supermarket I shop at

Y'all using that to antagonize rappers? I never got that

Before them CNN and Fox chats, explain to me where was y'all at?

Guess this gon' make me a hypocrite, but considering I'm human

And also, I know the difference is from street laws and innocents

They gon' act like they care and end up just runnin' they mouth

And don't no money come out of them fake GoFundMe accounts

It's time we protect our women, 'cause our mothers don't feel safe

My sisters leaving work late, and I ain't supposed to have this Drac?

My man Frost lost his mama, try to put yourself in his place

Hurtin' for him, how I'm gon' save my own people without a cape?

So this where we gotta be strong, help each other stayin' tall

I pass these SKs and saws, I told my dawgs that I be wrong but— (Fuck you, nigga)"


DONATE  


No comments:

Post a Comment