Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Mola - Why Not - 1999


12" - 1999 - Braxton Records




To be honest, this wax which came out on Braxton Records and produced by Ron Carpenter in 1999 isn't really my cup of tea, but I have to admit that the song "Why Not" which is the best track of the 12", deserves to be listen. I didn't know this song until it was selected by Serch4beatz in one of his mixes. Mola was a hip-hop duo formed by Shorty Moe aka While Moet aka Mi$$ Moe from Mont Vernon, NY and Dala from Jamaica Queens, NY. Of course the name of Shorty Moe should talk to you because she released her first singles "The Blue Print" featuring C.L Smooth and "The Bad Seed" featuring K.Fanat, on the first 12" released by Da Hoodz Uv Mizbhavya in 1994. 





2 comments:

  1. I don't know about the rest of the record but this shit is fly. I'd never heard of Mola or this 12" before. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete