Monday, April 1, 2019

Mad One - 3rd Dimension - 1995





Here is an interesting demo recorded by the indie hip-hop artist named Mad One. The demo titled "3rd Dimension" has been posted by my man OGDonNinja three years ago. For those who don't know him, Mad One is from San Antonio, Texas and he has been a lyricist since 1988. This demo was recorded in 1995 and was produced by Anthony Rivera a.k.a Click Tha Supah Latin hailing from Los Angeles. 






Click Tha Supah Latin : " It's been so long ago but I believe I met him at the Wake Up Show. I may have even been beatboxing on the show and he was one of the MC freestyling, but I believe I met him through the Wake Up Show... Not sure how we ended up recording at my crib... but I vaguely remember listening to some of his material in his car. I figured since he was a dope emcee and I was pretty good with the beats maybe we could do a joint or two. I honestly can't remember if I made the beat on the spot or if I had something already on file and played him some beats and he selected one. He was definitely creating a buzz for himself at that time.
He mentioned to me that I did a 2nd joint, and I have a beat on file with his name on it but no vocals. As for now I can only take credit for "3rd Dimension".
How It ended ? ... Most likely it was the distance. Then I got very busy with an artist we got signed to Mad Sounds/ Motown. As a producer I didn't have much time anymore to produce Mad One or other locals. I also began working on my own record as well and ended up getting signed to an independent label (Wild West Records), then that really took up a lot of my time."

Courtesy of "San Antonio Hip-hop Royalty Mad1one Strengthens His Dynasty with New Album" Posted By Louis Q. Iverson on Wed, Feb 27, 2019







Mad One is still in the game nowadays and has recently released his last album named "Eternity's Sequel" produced by Ruler Why.




No comments:

Post a Comment