Saturday, March 7, 2020

M.O.B (Massive Of Brooklyn) ‎- For True Listeners Of The Funk - 1993




EP - 1993 - Dunn Real Wrecordz  



The EP "For True Listeners Of The Funk" was released in 1993 by the Brooklyn-based crew M.O.B which stands for "Massive of Brooklyn", consisted of three members named Tyrone Scott a.k.a Brotha' Scratch (RIP), Danny Dunn a.k.a Deezo and Nakijah Armstead a.k.a Tee (Te-Te) a.k.a Aksion. 


Aksion : "We were from Brooklyn E.N.Y.,  we formed the group late in 1993 approaching 1994, I remember I was 7 months pregnant with my only son to date and he was born in Feb '94. We all were artists, Deezo and Scratch were Blood cousins and I was the only up coming female artist in their neighborhood."





This is a 6-track EP fully produced by Brotha Scratch and Deezo for Scratchizm Productions. The Tracks "Something to Say", "Hometown" and "At The Top" which is the lead single of the project and the only song of the EP to have an official video, features the 3 members of the crew. The Tracks "Back To Jail" and "Just To Hold You" features Deezo only. The track "Katch Wreck" features Tee, Brotha Scratch and 3 other emcees named Erik Loadholt, David Royster and K. Styles from Cypress Hills projects and all members of a crew named Cypress In Charge (C.I.C). 







Every tracks were recorded at Rhythm & Rhyme Studio by Desmond Walker who was Scratch's Brother in law. The wax was released on Dunn Real Wrecordz, a record label managed by Deezo, but unfortunately it was the first and the last project released by M.O.B...

Aksion : "Deezo was the actual owner and the brain behind Dunn Deal Wrecords and to tell you the exact truth I don't really know what happened but the company itself went South, nothing to do with the group itself but I guess it was more of a business thing within the record company. We've all remained family until today ... R.I.P Brotha Scratch... He was an all-around good guy. Awesome DJ and also co hosted the legendary video music box aside Ralph McDaniels. Even as I continued my own solo career he helped me along the way, taking me to the studio and showering me with beats for days. Unfortunately there is no M.O.B's unreleased material, we had many other ideas to launch more music but it was over before a blink of an eye."


In Memory of Tyrone 'Scratch' Scott 
December 27, 1964 - April 25, 2012


Mad Props to Tee a.k.a Askion. Thanks for your time ! 


No comments:

Post a Comment