Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Grav - Down To Earth - 2024

 

2xLP + 7" - 90's Tapes / HHV - 2024 


"Down To Earth" marked the debut album by Chicago's very own Grav. Originally released in 1996, the deep-voice MC flows on productions by No I.D., Dug Infinite, Big Q and a young Kanye West. Album guests include Al' Tariq and Lil Ray as well as DJ Nu-Mark on the cuts. Grav is among Chi town's most jovial and modest rappers. His personality is a blend of tranquillity and sangfroid, whether he's belting out razor sharp metaphors or head-nodding in time with a DJ. Commenting on his unique moniker, Grav says, "My name reflects my down to earthness with people and how they react to me when I perform. I'm not just up there kicking lyrics. There's something in my style that attracts people to me, like the force of Gravity." - courtesy of 90's Tapes







Available in a limited run on 2LP+7" (300 copies), CD in jewel case (300 copies) & cassette (100 copies).

Order  

No comments:

Post a Comment