Friday, November 27, 2020

Un-Da Dawgz - 1st Thingz 1st - 1995


12" - 1995 - Un-Da Dawgz 

Here is the wax released in 1995 by the Unda Dawgz, a rap duo consisted of Big Pook a.k.a Pookie The Punisher from New Jersey and Dash-O a.k.a Steve-O from Harlem, NY. 


Their debut 12" was self-released. It consists of the tracks "1st Thingz 1st", "Me & My Juel" and "I Roc Dis" produced by Kool DJ Law (RIP).
 





If you're looking for more info about their stories, you need to know that in the early 90s, Pookie and Dash-O were students at Hampton University. They've been ripping up the local club scenes and Radio shows, that's how they met Kool DJ Law from Norfolk,VA, one half of the legendary Boodah Brothers on WOWI (103 JAMZ,VA). Kool DJ Law and his best friend and radio partner, Christopher "Big B" Belcher, started at WOWI in 1992, with their pioneering rap program, "Ya Mamma's Rap Show". DJ Law took Pookie & Dash-O under his wings, becoming their DJ and Producer...


BOODAH BROTHERS - Kool DJ Law (RIP) & Big B

Pookie : "We were all friends at Hampton. I'm from Newark, Steve-O is from Harlem. There was also an other kid from VA who made beats, his name was john...

One Friday night after classes, me and Steve started battling in the dorm. It started off as just us and then a couple of people watching us. By the time we looked up the whole dorm was there. It was a crazy scene, but it was cool...

One day a dude that ran the student union came to us and asked if we wanted to open for Ed O.G and Da Bulldogs on a boat at homecoming... I hate boats !! but Steve-O convinced me to do it... I remember throwing up on my white Reebok Classic before we went on... lol ... I took them off and threw them shits overboard, I performed with no shoes on ... Shit was wild !! 

I remember we killed because everyone there was from Hampton, then came battle of the beats at 103 JAMZ, VA. We did a song and sent it to Big B and DJ Law. I think we won like 5 weeks in a row, that's when we actually met them, we click immediately. Law became our DJ and producer and Unda Dawgz went from there... God rest his soul... 

It all went left when we graduated college, moved back home and we signed with a clown named Kyle Peace (Peace Entertainment)..."





Mad Props to Pookie, thanks for your time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment